Boiled potatoes cooked in spiced yogurt
- 4 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch ajwain seeds
- 1 cup yogurt or curd
- 1 pinch Asafoetida or hing
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 pinch Kasuri Methi
- Salt to taste
- Whisk curd with turmeric powder, red chilli, cumin and coriander powder.
- Heat oil. Fry ajwain seeds, asafoetida and curd. Saute for a minute.
- While heating on low flame, add potatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes till gravy is thick.
- Garnish with dry Kasuri Methi. Serve Dahi Wale Aloo with poori.