Dahi Vale Kachalu is a quick and easy dish prepared by cooking Taro in a yogurt based gravy. It goes well with chapati, poori, nan or rice.
- 250 grams Kachalu/Taro, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup Sour curd
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ajvain
- 1 Red dried chili, cut into big chunks
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Coriander leaves
- Mix curd with salt, turmeric, coriander powder and red chili powder and water in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Splutter asafetida and mustard seeds. Add and fry ajvain seeds and dry red chili pieces till colour changes.
- Add kachalu and curd batter, stir well and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Dahi vale kachalu with chapati, poori, nan or rice.