Stir fried sliced bitter gourd
- 6 bitter gourds, washed & sliced in thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch asafoetida
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon dry mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Sprinkle salt over sliced bitter gourd. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Rinse with cold water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil. Stir fry bitter gourd. Saute for 15 minutes till brown.
- Add turmeric, red chili, coriander powder, asafoetida and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil along with onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle amchur and salt. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve Crispy Karela as side dish or snack.