Craii Al is a religiously important dish among kashmiri pandits and is usually prepared during festivals or fasts. This delicious mix of pumpkin and spices is great with rice.
- 1 kilogram Pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 2 tablespoons mirchi powder (red chilly powder)
- 2 tablespoons saunf powder (fennel powder)
- 1 teaspoon saunth powder (ginger powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon haldi powder (turmeric powder)
- 1 teaspoon zeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 1/2 teaspoon kaala zeera (black cumin)
- 3 moti elaichi (black cardamom), crushed
- 4 laung (cloves), half crushed
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Fry pumpkin till brown. Keep aside.
- Same oil, add cumin seeds, mirch powder, hing along with little water.
- Once water evaporates, add pumpkin, spices and little water.
- Cover and cook till tender.
- Serve Craii Al with hot steamed rice.