Sour brinjal preparation with various spices
- 5 wangan / eggplant, medium sized, stem intact and + incision at base
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon zeera /cumin / zeur
- 1 teaspoon shonth / dry ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder / Marchwagan
- Tamarind, soaked in warm water and juice extracted
- Salt to taste
- Deep fry wangan till skin is golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Roast garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder on low flame. Add water and bring to boil.
- Add sonth powder, cumin powder, tamarind water and salt. Add water if required.
- Add fried brinjals. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Gently stir so that brinjals are coated with masala.
- Serve Chouk Wangan along with rice.