Sweet snack popularly made during Diwali
- 2 cups Maida
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Ghee, melted
- 3/4 cup Sugar, powdered
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated - for syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder - for syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Salt - pinch
- Mix flour with 2 tbsp. of ghee. Knead into dough by adding small water at a time. Allow the dough to rest for an hour.
- Mix powdered sugar and cardamom powder and keep aside.
- Heat granulated sugar in water. Simmer till single thread consistency syrup is made. Add cardamom powder. Keep aside.
- Make rice flour paste by mixing it with melted ghee. Keep aside.
- With small lemon shaped maida ball, roll into thin rotis. Paste them one above other with little rice paste in between rotis.
- Roll up the piled rotis into cylindrical shape. Cut half inch thick discs. Roll each disc into thin rotis.
- Deep fry these rotis in ghee on medium heat till golden on all sides.
- Dip drained hot rotis in sugar syrup.
- Once cool, store in airtight container.