Dessert made from rava, rice flour and sugar
- 1/2 cup Fine Sooji / Chiroti rave
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/2 cup Sugar, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Cloves powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- saffron, some strands
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- Grind almond to paste. Heat milk. Add almond, saffron and cardamom. Simmer for few minutes. Keep aside.
- Mix flour, semolina, 1 tbsp ghee, sugar, cardamom, clove and salt. Knead with water into smooth dough. Rest dough for an hour.
- Mix rice flour with 2 tbsp. ghee and keep aside.
- Roll piece of dough into thin circles. Grease with rice ghee mixture and place rolled circles one above another in layers.
- Roll the layered circles into cyclinder. Cut inch long pieces and roll them into circle again.
- Deep fry in hot oil on low flame till chirotis / phenis are done.
- Sprinkle them with powdered sugar and serve with almond milk.