Simple snack made from beaten rice
- 1 cup Chire / flattened rice/ Poha (washed well and drained)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Bay leaf, broken
- Cashew nuts few
- 2 Green chilli, chopped
- 1 Onion, medium (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Beans (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot, small (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 Potato (finely chopped and washed)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf. Stir for a moment. Roast cashew nuts till golden.
- Add chopped onion and green chilli. Saute till soft.
- Add potato, carrot, beans and peas
- Mix with salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook covered until vegetables are cooked.
- Add washed Chire and stir. Add sugar and mix well.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot.