Cheese cake from orissa
- 2 litre milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Semolina/ sooji
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Handful of cashews & raisins
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- Boil the milk in a kadhai. Add lemon juice once it boils.
- The milk starts curdling. Switch it off as cheese and whey starts separating.
- Filter the cheese with the muslin/cheese cloth. Store whey liquid for other recipes.
- Drain cheese and hang for an hour.
- Roast rasin and cashews in ghee. Keep aside.
- Grease the baking dish and preheat at 200 degrees.
- Transfer cheese in a bowl. Mash it well for 4-5 minutes till really soft.
- Add semolina, sugar, cardamom powder & knead well for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted cashews & raisins, ghee and mix well.
- Heat sugar in ghee to make caramel syrup.
- Pour the caramel sauce to prepared grease pan.
- Spread the cheese mixture and cover it with a aluminium foil. Slit foil little with to release steam.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until cheese cake is cooked.
- Allow it to sit for 30-45 minutes. Serve hot