A tasty side dish made with green gram and raw plantain
- 1/2 cup Green gram/Cherupayar, soaked overnight
- 1 Raw plantain / Kaya, chopped into small cubes
- 2 Green Chilly, slit
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Few Curry leaves
- Add 2 cups of water along with chopped raw plantain, slit green chilies, turmeric powder and salt to the green gram.
- Pressure cook dal till dal is soft.
- Mash green gram and plantain nicely. Adjust consistency with water.
- Heat and bring to boil.
- Add fried curry leaves and little hot oil over top. Stir.
- Serve Cherupayar Kaya Puzhukku with rice