Spiced, sauteed elephant yam cooked with spices from Kerala
- 1 cup yam, peeled and cut into 1 inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 shallots
- 5 dry red chilies
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Boil yam in salted water.
- Crush shallots, dry chilies and peppercorns coarsely. Roast in oil along with curry leaves till oil separates.
- Add chilli powder and yam. Stir and continue cooking till yam is cooked.
- Serve Chena mezhukkupuratti warm with rice.