Yogurt and coconut based curry using yam
- Yam or Raw Banana cut into squares
- Yogurt, prefrably sour
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- turmeric (haldi)
- green chili
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 3 Dry red chili
- 5 -6 Curry leaf
- Grind coconut along with turmeric and green chilli to make paste. Keep it aside.
- Boil yam in water along with pepper, salt and turmeric.
- Once yam is half cooked add the coconut paste and boil.
- Add to this beaten yogurt and stop heating.
- Temper with mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaf and dry red chili.
- Serve hot along with rice.