Stir fried side dish made from red spinach in Kerala
- 2 cups Cheera/ red spinach-chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 2 Green chili, finely chopped
- 1 Onion small, chopped
- Curry leaves- few
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut grated
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Fry garlic, chillies, onion and curry leaves till onions are translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped cheera. Stir.
- Adjust taste with salt. Cook until dry.
- Add grated coconut. Mix. Cook for few minutes.
- Serve Cheera Thoran hot with rice.