Crunchy and flaky deep fried flat bread sprinkled with cashew nut powder, cardamom and sugar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded Coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cashew nut powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Knead all-purpose flour, salt, butter, and water into a soft dough. Allow to rest in air tight container for 15-20 min.
- Combine sugar, cardamom powder, coconut and cashew nut powder in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll each one into thin discs.
- Heat oil and deep fry the discs for 15 seconds. Drain excess oil.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar mixture over one half and fold the other half to cover the sugar mixture.
- Add another tablespoon of sugar mixture on one half of the semi-circle and fold the other half to form a layered cone.
- Serve Chavde or Mande once it cools down.