Sweet chaula/rice pudding flavored with rose water, saffron and cardamom garnished with chrunchy ghee roasted cashews.
- 5 cups Whole milk
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 teaspoon Rose water
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ghee/butter
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- Roast nuts in ghee and keep aside.
- Soak the rice for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil milk and reduce to three fourth. Add soaked rice and bay leaves.
- Stirring continuously. Reduce to half the volume.
- As the rice seems to be cooked, add sugar, pinch of salt, cream. Cook further for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Once little cool, add rose water, milk soaked saffron and cardamom powder.