Jackfruit and raw mango curry made in Kerala style
- 1 cup green mango, peeled and cut into 2 inches sticks
- 1 cup fresh jackfruit seeds (chakkakuru), peeled, rinsed and dried
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 dry red chilies, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 shallots
- 5 green chilies, slit
- 4 shallots, sliced for temper
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- salt, to taste
- Boil jackfruit seeds in 1/2 cup water with turmeric and salt for 10 minutes. Add mango slices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Blend coconut, shallots, green chillies and water into paste. Add this to seed and mango mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes till thick consistency is obtained.
- Temper the mixture with hot oil, fried mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and shallots.
- Serve Chakkakuru Manga Curry with rice.