Chakka unniappam is popular sweet snack of Keralites, made with jackfruit, rice, jaggery and ghee.
- 1 cup raw rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 10 pieces jack fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, powdered
- 4 tablespoons pure ghee
- 4 tablespoons refined oil
- Grind together raw rice, jaggery and jackfruit. Add powdered cardamom and mix well
- Grease appa karai / appam vessel with hot oil.
- Pour a small ladle of the batter into each mould. Cook till golden brown on both sides
- Serve Chakka unniappams hot.