This sweet dish from dal and jaggery is known by different names in South and West India – like, Holige, Bobatlu, Obattu, Poli, Puranachi Poli, God Poli, Pooran Poli and so on. The dish is best relished with hot milk, pure ghee, as well as jaggery and khus khus (poppy seeds) kheer.
- Category: Andhra Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1 1/2 cups tur dal
- 1 1/2 cups Jaggery
- 4 Cardomom/Elaichi (powdered)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Oil as per the need
- Knead dough from flour along with salt, turmeric powder. Rest dough.
- Pressure cook dal along with water. Strain dal and grind.
- Cook paste until jaggery is melted.
- Stuff filling an piece of flattened dough and bake rotis.
- Bake over hot tawa till cooked on both sides.
- Serve Bobatlu along with ghee, milk or jaggery.