Okra/lady’s finger cooked in a mustard sauce
- 4 cups bhendi / okra, halved
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons thick mustard paste (paste of soaked mustard seeds)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1 whole red chilli, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon paas puron
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oil. Splutter paas puron, bay leaves and red chillies.
- Add bhindi and stir fry. Add turmeric powder and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add mustard paste, ginger paste and green chillies. Stir. Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes till gravy thickens.
- Remove as bhendi is coated with mustard paste. Serve Bhendir sorsori hot with roti.