Okra in mustard gravy with tangy dried mango
- Bhindi / okra, cut onto 1/2" pieces
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon panch phoran
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds, soaked
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- potato, cubed
- 1 small piece of dried mango or Ambula
- Grind mustards seeds, garlic cloves and green chillies with a cup of water to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry okra and potatoes separately. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry panch phoran, onion and green chilies till onions are soft. Add tomatoes and salt and cook till mushy.
- Add okra and potatoes. Stir. Add mustard paste. Mix well. Cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Adjust consistency with cup of water water. Add piece of dry mango. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Bhendi Besara hot with rice.