Bharil Bhende is a popular Konkani dish in which okra is stuffed with a spicy filling and then fried. It is a great side dish for rice.
- 10 Okra / Bhindi / bhende, de-edged and slit lengthwise
- 3/4 cup Dry coconut, dry roasted & powdered
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seed powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Besan / chick pea flour
- Oil for stir frying
- Combine all ingredients except okra.
- Stuff Okra with the mixture.
- Heat oil and stir fry bhendi on a very low flame till cooked.
- Serve Bharil Bhende with rice.