Popular dish prepared during the Thadri festival in Sindhi. Besani is a savory flatbread made with chickpea flour. Because of its good shelf like it is an excellent travel food.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon dry mango powder
- 2 teaspoons red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chillies
- 1/2 cup coriander
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients with ¼ cup oil. Knead to form a stiff dough. Add water if needed.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll each part into thick flatbreads.
- Cook besani on tava on both sides until it turns golden brown. Apply oil on each side. .
- Serve besani hot with raita or yogurt.