Besan chila are pancakes prepared with a batter of gram flour. It can be served as breakfast or as a snack.
- 1 cup Gram flour/ Besan
- 1 medium size Onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Cooking Oil as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro / coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix flour, onion, coriander leaves, salt, turmeric powder, ajwain seeds and asafoetida with water in a bowl to make a smooth batter. Rest for 5-10 minutes.
- On a hot greased pan, pour a spoonful of batter and spread evenly.
- Cook on both sides until golden yellow and crisp.
- Serve hot with some tomato ketchup, mint chutney or tamarind chutney.