Pan-fried eggplants in rich and creamy mustard-yogurt based sauce
- 1 big, Eggplant, cut into pieces
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Curd or Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seed Paste
- 2 tablespoons Mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 cup Mustard Oil
- Marinate the eggplant with turmeric powder, salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil and shallow fry eggplant and keep aside.
- Lightly fry green chillies and keep aside.
- In the same oil add mustard seed till they crackle. Add ginger garlic paste, mustard paste and poppy seed paste. Sauté it for some time.
- Add water, curd, turmeric powder, cumin powder and chilli paste.
- Add salt and sugar as per taste.
- Cook covered till sauces turns golden thick.
- Arrange the fried eggplants on your serving plate. Add chopped coriander to the sauce and mix well. Now pour the sauce on top of the fried eggplants.
- Garnish with fried green chillies and chopped coriander
- Serve this dish with Plain Rice or Pulao.