Beans cooked in very simple kerala style with coconut
- 500 grams Beans
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera (cumin)
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 5 Curry leaves
- Wash and clean the Beans. Dice it into small peices.
- Grind coconut, jeera and chillies together to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add beetroot and mix well. Allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of water and cover and let it cook. Stir to avoid sticking to pan.
- When beans are cooked, add the ground coconut and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes and check the seasoning.
- Serve hot with rice.