Indian bread stuffed with smashed potato and spices
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 2 potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Knead wheat flour into dough using water, salt and little oil.
- Combine pepper, green chilli, chopped onion, cumin powder, turmeric powder, cilantro and lemon juice along with mashed potatoes. Mix well. Keep aside.
- Taking portion of dough, roll into small flat circle. Place filling in center. Pull sides of dough around filing to close.
- Roll into flat bread. Bake on hot tawa on both sides. Grease if required.
- Serve Batatyachi Poli with yogurt.