Dry potato side dish with Maharashtra flavors
- 4 Potatoes, medium sized, boiled, peeled, and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 6 Curry leaves
- 2 Green chilies, chopped finely
- 1 pinch Hing or asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Lemon juice
- Sugar - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Kothimbir / coriander leaves - few sprigs, chopped finely
- Hot oil. Splutter mustard seed, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves.
- Add potatoes, onion and spices - turmeric and hing.
- Cover cooked till onion are cooked.
- Adjust taste with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Garnish with kothimbir. Serve batatyachi bhaji hot along with chapatti.