Potatoes cooked in spicy tomato based curry
- 5 -6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds or cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Peanut powder
- green peas handful
- 1 teaspoon Goda masala or garam masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 -4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green chili, optional
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Boil the potatoes. Peel, chop and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Crackle cumin/mustard seeds, hing and turmeric. Add onion and heat till light brown.
- Add the green chili if using and then add tomatoes. Fry the tomatoes till they are cooked and give out juices.
- Add the cooked potatoes and stir it all together.
- Adjust water for desired consitency.
- Add all the spices needed. Add salt, pinch of sugar, Goda/ garam masala and powdered peanuts.
- Bring to boil and then simmer till gravy is thick.
- Add peas a few minutes before switching off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.