Batata Nu Rasa Valu Shaak is a traditional Gujarati style potato curry often paired with a Gujarati meal. It is a popular accompaniment to rice, roti and puris.
- 2 cups Potato, cut in cubes
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander and Cumin seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Tomato, finely chopped
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, turmeric powder and chopped tomato and sauté for a minute.
- Add potato, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander and cumin seeds powder, sugar, salt and water
- Pressure cook for about 2 whistles so that potatoes are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander and Serve Batata Nu Rasa Valu Shaak hot with roti or rice.