Spicy boiled potato curry popular in Varanasi
- 4 potatoes, boiled, peeled and roughly diced
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds / Banarasi Rai
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds roasted
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / hing
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- Mix all powder spices with grated ginger and 2 tbsp of water to make paste.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds and hing.
- Add fennel seeds and spice paste. Roast till oil starts separating.
- Add potatoes. Stir till spices are uniformly coated.
- Adjust consistency with water. Adjust taste with salt.
- Simmer till desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves. Serve Banarasi raswale aaloo with pori / kachori and curd.