Spinach and potatoes based fritters
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 5 garlic, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon meet mirsang (manglorean spice mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Oil for frying
- Serve Bajiyechin Katlisaan as snack with chutney.
- Heat oil. Fry onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli, spinach leaves and coriander leaves. Fry till the leaves are cooked.
- Add spices - pepper, garam masala and meet mirsang. Adjust taste with sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Add bread crumbs and mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Make flat discs, coat with besan and shallow fry in hot oil till slightly brown.