This has been popular farmer food from Bihar. Farmers grilled eggplant cooked along with spices in their farm.
- 1 Big Brinjal
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Oil/ Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- pinch Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1 Onion, Medium sized
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- Coriander Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander leaves, Chopped
- Grease brinjal with oil. Prick with fork and roast on medium flame. Peel skin and keep aside.
- Similarly roast onion, tomatoes and green chili. Peel tomatoes. Chop onion, tomato, brinjal and green chilli roughly.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chilli, ginger paste and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and brinjal. Mix. Add salt and coriander powder. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti.