Spicy chutney of ripe Bael fruit is an excellent side dish for your savoury snacks.
- 1 bael fruit, medium size
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Black Salt
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder/ Roasted cumin seed powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Lemon juice, as per taste
- Break bael fruit. Extract ripe pulp.
- Soak in 1/2 cup water. Mash a bit and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the pulp as it separates from seeds.
- Sieve out seeds and fibers.
- Roast pulp in a pan for 10 minutes.
- Add spices, sugar and salt. ix well as it thickens.
- Adjust taste with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Serve bael chutney as side dish.