Bael ka murabba is candied pulp of bael fruit which can be stored for a longer period and relished for its taste and health benefits. Bael fruit is known for its properties as a body coolant, digestive and carminative agent.
- 1 bael fruit, medium
- Sugar, equal in weight as the pulp
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Break open bael fruit and cut the inside pulp into inch long pieces.
- Make sugar syrup by heating sugar with little water.
- Once syrup reaches one thread consistency, add bael pieces. Cook until bael fruit is little soft. At this point, syrup would be 2-3 thread consistency.
- Add lemon juice and cardamom powder. Stir gently.
- Store bael ka murabba in air tight container.