Badhakopi r Ghanto is a wonderfully tasty and nutritious Bengali dry cabbage dish, usually served with rice or roti.
- 1 small sized cabbage, finely chopped, blanched in salt & turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 Green chili slit
- 1/3 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 big tomato, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into cubes
- Sugar to taste
- Stir fry potatos with little salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
- Cook tomatoes along with all seeded spices, bay leaf and green chilies and tomatoes until tender.
- Add blanched cabbage, salt and turmeric powder. Cover and cook.
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder paste, fried potatoes, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder. Allow to cook for few minutes.
- Serve Badhakopi r Ghanto warm with plain rice and dal.