Baah Gaaj Khar is raw bamboo shoots cooked with jackfruit seeds.
- Baah gaaj (Raw Bamboo Shoot)
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- Garlic cloves, crushed
- Masoor dal
- Kothal guti (Jackfruit seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 3 Red whole Chilly
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Peel the skin of the jack fruit seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add all ingredients except bamboo shoots. Add some water and cook covered for 10-20 minutes.
- Add the bamboo shoot and mix well.
- Add half cup of water and bring to boil. Simmer until seeds are cooked.
- Serve Baah Gaaj Khar hot.