Auri aur channe ki daal is a delicious stir fry using mustard greens and protein rich split chick peas. Simple and easy to prepare, this dish is packed with several health benefitting nutrients
- Category: Himachali Recipes
- 400 grams mustard leaves, rinsed well and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chana dal, soaked for 3/4 hour
- Salt to taste
To coarsely grind:
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 Green Chilli (optional)
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch hing (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 -6 Curry leaves
- Cook chana dal in a cup of water for 25-30 minutes.
- Grind coconut, garlic clove, cumin seeds, shallot and green chilli to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add red chilli flakes, curry leaves, hing, mustard leaves, turmeric, cooked chana dal and salt. Stir well.
- Serve Auri aur channe ki daal hot with roti.