Arbi dum sabji is a rich and tasty dish prepared with colocasia roots, spices and curd. It is a great side dish for chapati and rice.
- 12 Arbi/colocasia
- 6 Cashews, soaked in water and ground into a paste
- 1 Tomato, pureed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic chilly green paste
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chilly Red powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 5 Mint leaves, chopped fine
- Cook arbi till soft, peel the skin and flatten it with your palms.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook arbi on both sides till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions, ginger garlic green chilly paste and mint leaves. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato puree, spice powders and cook for around 5-6 minutes.
- Add cashew paste, arbi and some curd. Mix well. Cook for few more seconds.
- Serve Dum arbi hot with roti or chapatis.