Anjeer Ki Sabji is a simple and tasty curry prepared with figs and spices. It is a great side dish for rice and roti.
- 250 grams Figs, cut into half
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 Cloves
- 1 small Bay leaf
- 1 inch piece Ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 5 Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 big Onion, finely chopped
- Mustard oil
- Heat mustard oil. Fry bay leaves, cloves, onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté till onions are golden brown.
- Add figs, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Serve Anjeer Ki Sabji with rice or roti.