Sweet and sour side dish made from ripened / half ripened mango.
- 1 kilogram Small sour n sweet mangoes
- 1 pinch of Hing (asafetida)
- Salt to taste.
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Methra / methi dana(fenugreek seeds)
- 6 cloves garlic roughly smashed
- 1 small, finely chopped onion
- 75 grams Arhar Dal (split red gram)
- 3 tablespoons Mustard oil
- Peel mangoes and pressure cook with dal and salt along with 1 glass of water. Allow to cool and squeeze as much of the pulp as possible.
- Heat mustard oil in pan. Add spices.
- Once onion are soft and golden, add the peeled mangoes and dal.
- Cook till soft for about 45 minutes. Adjust taste with salt and sugar.