Chickpea lentil cooked along with raw mango
- 1 cup chana dal, soaked for 5 hrs
- 1/2 cup raw mango, peeled and grated coarsely
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 red chillies, broken into pieces
- salt to taste
- pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- Grind chana dal without water/little water into coarse thick paste.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry dal in the tempering. Add mango and mix well. Adjust taste with salt and sugar.
- Garnish with cilantro and coconut. Serve Ambe Dal hot.