Alsi Laddu is a delicious and protein rich snack made with flax seeds. You can serve this dish as a snack or as a dessert on special occasions.
- 1 cup Alsi / Flax seeds
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Sugar, powdered
- 1/2 cup Edible gum, grounded
- 1/4 cup Dry dates, powdered
- 1/4 cup Almonds & Cashewnuts, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons Watermelon seeds
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- Dry roast flaxseeds. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee. Roast flour till brown.
- Add roasted flax seeds, edible gum, dry dates, watermelon seeds, almonds and cashewnuts and mix well. Stir continuously and cook for 5 min.
- Stop heating, allow to cool and add sugar. Mix well.
- Make lemon sized balls. Store Alsi laddoo in an airtight container.