Black eyed peas curry made along with coconut and Goan Tonak Masala
- 1 1/2 cups Black Eyed Peas, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup Coconut, grated
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tonak Masala
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt or more
- Pressure cook peas along with tomatoes. Keep aside
- Heat oil. Fry garlic, onion and coconut till light brown. Grind to paste along with little water.
- Heat oil and fry masala paste. Add turmeric powder, tonak masala, chilli powder and salt. Add peas and little water. Bring to boil.
- Serve Alsande Tonak hot ewith rice.