Quick, easy and tasty potato tomato curry popular in Uttarakhand
- 3 Potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 5 teaspoons Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, finely grated
- 1 Onion - medium, chopped
- 2 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry.
- Add onion, turmeric powder, chilli powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes are soft, add potatoes and little water. Bring to boil. Simmer on low heat till potatoes are cooked.
- Adjust consistency with water. Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with roti.