Stir fried yam and long beans
- 1 bunch Achinga payar (long beans variety), cut to inch long pieces
- 2 cups Yam/Chena, diced
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 Chillies
- Pressure cook yam with turmeric powder. Drain and keep aside
- Heat oil. Stir fry achinga payar/long beans and green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle little water. cook covered for 5 minutes till vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add yam pieces and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes till vegetables are cooked.
- Serve Achinga payar – Chena Mezhukkupiratti with rice.