Achappam is a traditional Kerala snack made especially during festivals and special occasions. You need a flower shaped mould to prepare this dish.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Oil for deep frying
- Whisk together all purpose flour, butter, baking soda, salt, sugar and little water to form a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and place the Achappam mould in it for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove mould from hot oil and dip 3/4th of the mould in batter.
- Now, hold the mould in hot oil and gently shake it so that the murukku releases from the mould
- Fry until golden brown.
- Store Achappam in an dry air tight container once completely cooled.