Simple okra preparation without garlic or onions
- 1/2 kilogram Lady's finger / okra, cut in rounds
- 1 teaspoon Curd/ Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Curry leaves - few
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves till dal is brown.
- Stir fry okra and cook covered.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, curd and cook uncovered till crispy.
- Serve Vendakkai Poriyal along with rice and rasam.