Stuffed bread filled with filling of lentil-jaggery served with Gujarati Kadhi. Also popular as poran poli.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Chana dal
- 3/4 cup Jaggery or sugar
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Soak dal for 30 minutes. Pressure cook. Drain and mash dal.
- Roast mashed dal and jaggery till jaggery is melted and mixture dries up. Mix cardamom powder.
- Knead dough from flour, salt and ghee.
- Roll small round shape roti. Stuff filling. Seal and roll again.
- Bake over tawa on medium heat. Grease with ghee.
- Serve Vedmi along with ghee.