Eggplant and potatoes cooked with spices and peanut powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 -3 tbsp crushed jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 1 ⁄4 cup roasted peanut powder
- 2 teaspoons goda masala (or garam masala)
- 2 teaspoons cumin-coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in large dice
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in large dice
- 1 sprig fresh curry leaves
- 1 medium onion, cut in small dice
- 1 ⁄2 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper it with mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder.
- Give a quick stir and immediately add onion and curry leaves.
- Saute the onions on medium heat until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in eggplant, potatoes. Stir well.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin corinader powder, goda masala and roasted peanut powder
- Add salt to taste and crushed jaggery.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender. Garnish with a large handful of minced fresh cilantro.
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes before serving with roti or rice.