Deep fried puffs stuffed with spiced white lentils
- 250 grams all purpose flour / maida
- 2 tablespoons Semolina /Sooji
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 150 milliliters Oil
- 1/2 cup urad dal / white lentils
- 2 tablespoons Fennel seeds /saunf , crushed
- 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida /hing
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder /dhaniya powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Mix maida, semolina, salt and oil in a bowl. Add water to make a soft dough and keep aside.
- Wash and soak urad daal for 4 hours. Then drain and wash dal.
- Coarsely grind urad daal, fennel, chopped green chillies and ginger in a mixer.
- Add red chill powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, oil and mix well.
- Just before making kachori, add soda
- Take a small walnut sized ball of the dough, flatten it and stuff 1 tsp mixture in it and seal the edges.
- Roll it a bit to make a thick kachori
- Deep fry these kachoris on medium flame evenly on both sides.
- Serve hot with chutney